Restarting problems can occur in many laptops due to several reasons, even you Lenovo laptop keeps restarting. If you are facing restarting issue in your Lenovo laptop, then try to recall if you installed a recent update after which this problem has started with your laptop or make sure your laptop is not connected to any web association.
If your Lenovo laptop is restarting without any reason, then we have few suggestions and solutions to try to fix this problem for you. Follow the below-given instructions.
- Power off your Lenovo laptop.
- After some time, turn your laptop on.
- When it is booting up and loading with a rotating circle on the screen, press and hold down Power Button until your laptop shuts down.
- You have to repeat it many times until it shows an option saying “Preparing Automatic Repair” screen.
- Then you have to let your laptop boot in “Automatic Repair” screen.
- Click on the “Advanced Options” given there and then click on the “Troubleshoot” option.
- Then you need to click on “Refresh your Laptop” if you don’t want it to remove your data, or you can select the option “Reset your Laptop” to erase all the existing data and then restore it back to your basic system.
- After this, you have to follow all the instructions given on the screen and wait until your recovery process is completed.
NOTE: The user must have to get to the “Advanced Options” first so that he can access the “Refresh Option.” Using this setting will help the user to keep his data without getting deleted or lost, but most of the installed programs that are installed may be lost. If you have sensitive data in your Lenovo laptop or you have important files, it is recommended to do not perform a “Reset” as it will erase and wipe all data from your laptop’s memory.
Factory Reset Solution
- Power off your laptop.
- Power on laptop.
- When the loading screen is black, press the F10 and ALT buttons from the keyboard repeatedly until the computer shuts down.
- To fix your laptop, choose the 2nd option given on the screen that says “Reset Device.”
- Now the user has the choice to select what type of reset he wants to perform.
- Select “Factory Settings” and wait for your laptop to perform the action.
This should fix the error of restarting of your Lenovo laptop. If it still doesn’t work, then it’s time to get your laptop checked by a professional to fix the issue.
Fixing the issue for Lenovo laptops that keep restarting has been shared in small details in this article. For more info, leave a comment in the box below.
Q#1: How do I stop Lenovo laptop from restarting?
Ans: Try hitting F8 when the screen is loading after powering on the system. It gives the user an option to load the computer in safe mode. Check if that works out for you; otherwise, get your system checked from a professional.