You may have often faced an issue that your display on the screen starts to flicker or gives weird colours, and sometimes there are lines on the screen that you can’t remove, and you don’t even know the reason for that. A lot of users had this trouble with their laptops once in their lifetime, as it is a common problem due to several reasons.
If you are looking for a solution that how can you fix a hp ghost silver i3 laptop screen with weird colours and lines, then we might have the solution for this problem. First, we see some reasons why the screen might be causing the problem.
- Vertical lines appear on a laptop screen, which is a result of hardware failure or any problem with the graphics card.
- In case the lines have different colours that change when you apply pressure from the panel, then there might be a problem with the screen.
How to fix the colours and lines on my laptop screen?
There are some method that you should try to fix these lines and the colour of your laptop screen.
Update the graphics driver
- Go to Start and look for Device Manager.
- In there, go to video card drivers that may be showing an exclamation mark with a yellow colour. It means, there is a graphic driver update available, and you can run the update to update the driver.
- Open Properties option.
- Then select Drivers and click on the Update Driver option.
- Restart your laptop once to let new settings take place.
This should probably fix your problem. You may have to know the name of your video card; for example, in case that it is AMD or Intel or from NVIDIA, then you’d need to download straightforwardly from the site of these sources.
Keeping your drivers refreshed is critical in case that you need to accomplish the greatest performance and display. New drivers ordinarily bring different upgrades, like new highlights and improved features, so you can perceive any reason why it’s critical to keep your drivers up to date.
Check screen resolution display settings
- Go to Start and then open Control Panel Window.
- Select Appearance and Personalization.
- Click on Adjust Screen Resolution.
- Then click the drop-down menu from Resolution and select the recommended resolution as marked for your laptop, which will be the highest it can support.
- Also, set the contrast and brightness of your monitor screen and see if this fixes your problem. For a laptop, you can go to Windows and then Go to Power options to select its brightness, etc.
Use Third-Party Tool – Restoro Repair Tool
You can do an easy task to run a scan for your laptop from Restoro Repair Tool software. This software helps you find any errors and problems with the system and then lets you fix them if possible. In this way, you can fix and delete any damaged and unnecessary files that might be causing a problem with the system.
- Click on Start and open Control Panel.
- At the top right corner and change the settings of View By Option to Large Icons.
- Then click on the power options to start the scan.
Use DriverFix Tool
This is particularly significant for designs driver on the grounds that fresher variants can offer better execution for your screen. You can also make use of the DriverFix tool that can help to fix or repair your drivers easily by also avoiding any harm to your system. It could be helpful because of several reasons in case any of the above solutions didn’t work for you.
- This program searches for new drivers compatible for your hardware and downloads them or updates them automatically.
- It scans your laptop properly to list all existing or missing drivers.
- It is recommended to try this tool in case the laptop screen has weird colours and lines on it that are not getting fixed.
This was a discussion about some fixes to try for the laptop screen showing weird colours and lines. We hope this info is useful and for more info, leave a reply in the box given below.
Q#1: How do I fix coloured lines on a laptop screen?
- Update graphics driver.
- Check screen resolution or display settings.
- Perform a clean boot.
- Use Display Quality Troubleshooter.
- Check vertical lines appear in the BIOS.