Developed by Sony Entertainment, the PS4 is a video game console. Video games are a great passion for the people of today’s age. It is especially common in children and teens but, many adults also love and play video games passionately. Now, let’s focus on the people who have gaming setups or wish to create one in their free space. So, further here we will discuss how to use a laptop as a monitor for PS4.
A gaming set up comprises a number of details and most importantly it can cover a lot of space and time. Many people set up huge screen displays- monitors and other instruments for a better gaming experience. However, you can also use a laptop as a monitor for a gaming setup, whether it may be temporary or permanent.
The PS or play station has a very exciting list of video-gaming console series, one of which is the PS4. Now coming back to our topic, we can create a monitor-like display but connecting our laptop to the PS4 with necessary HDMIs and data cables.
Setting up your laptop as a monitor for PS4:
Generally, laptops already contain an HDMI port which you can access to transfer the display to another device. But, in this case, the display of the PS4 video game console has to be transferred to the laptop.
For this purpose, you do work with the HDMI port but, you have to add a couple of things with it. You can display your PS4 game onto your laptop with HDMI and these things:
- Through remote play.
- By using a capture card.
Let’s take a look at the essentials needed for connecting a laptop with HDMI and Remote play:
There are some system requirements for accessing the remote play so, let’s note that down first.
- A Windows 8.1 or above required for installing a remote play.
- The available storage should be off at least 100 MB or more.
- A RAM of 2GB is required for installation.
- The device should have a USB port.
- The sound card should be present.
- The resolution should be excellent.
How to connect:
Here’s how you can connect to remote play using a laptop. You will need the following things:
- PS4 console.
- A USB cable.
- A PS4 account.
- The internet.
You can connect to the remote play through your laptop by following these instructions:
- Turn on the PS4 console and begin by putting the console into rest mode.
- Use a USB cable to connect the controller with the laptop.
- Now open the remote play software you have installed.
- Click on the start button and enter credentials.
- You can connect to PS4 by logging in to your Playstation network account.
Here are all the essentials you need to connect PS4 to your laptop via a capture card:
- A laptop.
- A video capture card.
- Dual-function HDMI.
- A PS4 console
- Enabled file sharing.
- Ethernet cables.
How to connect:
Here’s how you can connect using a Capture card.
- Plugin and install the capture card.
- Plug the HDMI into the VCC.
- Turn it on and run the software on your PC.
How to connect laptop as a monitor for PS4
Here is a list of instructions that you can follow to connect your laptop as a monitor for PS4.
- Download PS remote play application on your Windows PC.
- After following the above given prompt for installing a proper PS connection.
- Make additional installations by choosing the options shown in the displays.
- After this move over to the Ps4 console and turn it on.
- You have to find remote play and check the remote play box.
- Simply then go to account management.
- Select the Ps4 gaming console as the main system.
- Finally, click the activate button and begin the starting process.
You can connect the laptop through either the remote play process or the capture card process with the PS4 video-gaming console.
Q#1: Can I use the laptop as a monitor for Ps4?
Ans: Yes, you can use the laptop as a monitor for PS4.
Q#2: How can I capture video on my laptop?
Ans: You need to find the C-port on the card. USB-C port should be connect to the card and USB-A with the laptop.