If you are looking forward for an easy guide on how to unlock a stolen MacBook pro, then we have a quick method for you that you can try to see if it works out for you. The MacBook is a device that has high security, which is mainly used by professionals or businessmen to store and share data.
MacBook is a fast and efficient computing device that has high security, and it is not easy to breach its security. In case if you found a lost MacBook pro or you want to unlock a MacBook pro, if you don’t know its code, then it’s hard, but it’s not impossible.
In this discussion, we are going to show you how you can unlock a stolen MacBook pro with few easy steps.
Unlocking A Stolen MacBook Pro
You can unlock a MacBook if you have a passcode. The passcode is obtained from your iCloud that is logged-in on your MacBook. If iCloud has your MacBook credentials, then you can unlock it from iCloud easily.
- First, you need to sign in to your iCloud account and go in Find and then click on your MacBook name on the Devices menu.
- When you find it, you can click on the Unlock button, and it will be automatically unlocked through iCloud.
- It will request you to add a passcode that you received, and then you are required to follow few steps that verified your identity.
- After verification, you can unlock your MacBook pro.
Unlocking MacBook Pro without Password
There is a chance that a user may forget his account’s password, and he may be unable to login into MacBook pro. This will stop him from accessing his files and important data. There is a solution for that which is provided by Apple.
Apple devices have built-in tools that can reset the forgotten password. Users can log in into their account once again on Apple devices using the recovery mode, reset password method, and also using Apple ID.
Using Apple ID to Reset Mac Password
If you haven’t enabled the FileVault encryption on your MacBook, then it is possible to access your account from Apple ID. Then you can easily reset the password for MacBook pro.
- At the login point of your screen, you can click on your user account. It will show a small question mark icon at the corner.
- Click on it, and it will display an option saying “reset the password using Apple ID.”
- Then you can click on it and enter your Apple ID to reset your password for MacBook pro to unlock it.
- Then, you can create a new password of your choice and then continue with your work.
In case you try this again and again, and it doesn’t display any option for resetting the password using your Apple ID, then it means your account isn’t allowed to reset with Apple ID.
Using Recovery Mode To Reset MacBook Pro Password
You can make use of Recovery Mode in your MacBook to reset the password on your MacBook’s user account. There are few steps to follow.
- First of all, restart the MacBook pro and hold the commandbutton with the R button from the keyboard until the Apple logo displays on the screen.
- Click on the Disk Utility option and then click on the Continue button.
- Then go to Terminal.
- There, you have to type “resetpassword” and then press the Enter key.
- It will launch a password reset tool, which lets you change the passwords of any non-encrypted accounts.
- Then you can enter a new password of your choice and then log in to your MacBook pro.
Resetting Login Password Using Recovery Key
For this process to work, you will need to have the FileVault encryption enabled on your MacBook pro, and you must have a recovery key created on your Mac too. After that, this recovery key can be easily used to reset the password of the MacBook pro. Here are easy steps.
- Click on the restart button or hold down the power button to restart your MacBook pro.
- Click on your desired user account and select the question mark icon that is below the field given.
- Click on the “reset it using your recovery key.”
- After that, you have to input the recovery key which you created when you enabled FileVault encryption.
- Click on the Next button.
- Continue with the on-screen instructions and reset your password.
This was a discussion on how to unlock a stolen MacBook pro. Users can use these ways to recover their accounts. For more details, leave a comment in the box below.
Q#1: How do I wipe my stolen Mac?
Ans: Go to Find My app, click Devices. And then, click only the device you want to erase, then click the Info button. Click on Erase This Device option.