(Insert key or Ins or even In Key) is a key usually located near the backspace key and is used for over-typing or insertion of an object at end of the cursor, which means next to the cursor.
You can disable Insert Key with the help of writing a small script in the Registry Editor on your computer. This is just an 8 to 9 small steps and up to 5 minutes process.
So follow me below in the article for the detailed process.
how to turn off insert key on keyboard? Full Process Step-by-Step:
Here is the full step-by-step process for disabling your insert key forever, so you’ll not press it accidentally again:
- First of all type Registry Editor in your windows search section, and open it. The menu of the registry editor will pop up.
- Now open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder by double-clicking.
- In this folder double-click the SYSTEM folder.
- Now double-click the CurrentControlSet folder.
- Now inside this folder double click on the Control folder. It will open a lot of other folders.
- Now inside the Control folder, double-click on the Keyboard Layout folder. Don’t be confused with the (Keyboard Layouts) folder, they are identical folders. Okay okay no more folders opening, relax hehe.
- Now on the Right Side Section Of The Window, you have to press the Right Click in the white empty area. After pressing the right click, now click on the New and a menu will extend. In that extend menu, click on Binary Value and a new file will be created automatically. Now Type Any Name for this function, let’s say (Insert_Key_Disable).
- Now open the (Insert_Key_Disable) file with Double Click. And then Past The following Code in the value data section, Code= 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 52 E0 00 00 00 00.
- Now click OK and exit the Registry Editor.
- For taking action, you must have to Reboot your Laptop.
So this was a complete method for how to turn off insert key on keyboard with the help of Registry Editor.