You can edit videos on your HP laptop in a very effective way. This is a very easy and simple task that may look difficult to perform, but it’s not. Let’s take a look into how to edit videos on an HP laptop.
HP MediaSmart Software Home Video
HP MediaSmart software comes preinstalled on most of the HP notebook PCs that are shipped with Windows 7. This is a common and basic editor to organize home videos, add effects, make a movie, and upload or share videos directly to YouTube.
You can edit videos by following these steps.
- Run the preinstalled MediaSmart from your laptop or download it from the web if you haven’t installed it.
- On the home screen, adjust the sections of your home video, trim the clips as you want to with your mouse using the crop and trim option in editing tools.
- You can adjust the lighting and contrast of the video using its built-in auto-fix lighting tool. You can do it by automatically or by manually adjusting it to a certain level.
- Use the Auto Stabilization tool to smooth the shaky videos from your mobile and camera, and you can edit their visual effects as well from the effects tab.
- You have the power to turn the videos in different orientation angles by manually rotating the videos from their corner, showing the degree of angle to adjust and rotate. Click your video, click on the Edit, and then click on Rotate Right.
- You can view the original duration of the video and also the trimmed duration in the right side of the editor window.
You can also make a home video with simple settings and simple procedures by following these steps.
- Select the videos and clips that you want to edit and add in your timeline for editing.
- Include all the videos in the list that you want to edit.
- Select the Videos list panel of HP MediaSmart home at the right side.
- Drag and arrange the videos in the order you like and then click on the Next button.
- You can add visual effects or more features in your videos like Voiceover, music, and then preview to see your content.
Adding Voice Over
You can include a voice-over to introduce your movie so that you can describe its clips by recording your own voice with certain clips using a microphone.
You can also add music from the library by adding your favorite songs or playlists that are on your laptop.
In the end, you can preview the output of the movie that you edited to make sure that it is complete with all the editing.
This was a short discussion on how to edit videos on an HP laptop. For more details, leave a comment in the box below.
Q#1: Can I edit videos with third-party software on a hp laptop?
Ans: Yes, you can download video editing software on your hp laptop to edit your videos.