To keep your PC or laptop super cool, you need the Best Thermal Paste For Laptops. A quality thermal compound paste is necessary for your PC or laptop. After a tenure of a year or more, the older paste starts to decline in performance then you have to replace it with a fresh one.
It is said that the thermal compound paste needs to change annually as it will dry out and begin to lose its effectiveness. The processor will gradually overheat and all of these factors will surely damage your pre-applied thermal paste CPU or GPU in long run.
The real story begins, when you have to choose the best thermal paste laptop. When there are a lot of options available in the market, it is a little bit confusing to opt for the best one according to your needs and budget.
Here, we have reviewed the top 10 best thermal paste laptop for your convenience. We are definitely sure that after reading our article, you will surely be able to choose the right and the best paste for your PC or laptop.
List of Top 10 Best Thermal Paste For Laptops and PC Processes
Here is a list of the top picked products that we have picked and reviewed on the basis of a huge 18 hours of research at the backend, we have actually checked about 9 products of them and some of them were performing really well. The list and their real-time reviews are following:
|Arctic Silver 5 AS5-3.5G Thermal Paste||Check Price|
|ARCTIC MX-4 (4 Grams) - Thermal Compound Paste.||Check Price|
|Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste, 1g||Check Price|
|Thermal Paste, SYY 2 Grams CPU Paste Thermal Compound Paste Heatsink.||Check Price|
|Noctua NT-H1 3.5g, Pro-Grade Thermal Compound Paste (3.5g)||Check Price|
|Arctic Silver Ceramique 2 25g.||Check Price|
|Cooler Master MasterGel Maker Ultra-High Performance Thermal Compound.||Check Price|
|GELID Solutions GC-Extreme - Thermal Conductive Paste for Heatsink.||Check Price|
|Corsair XTM50 High Performance Thermal Compound Paste.||Check Price|
|Antec Thermal Paste.||Check Price|
So, let’s jump toward the reviews of these mentioned products one by one.
1. Arctic Silver 5 AS5-3.5G Thermal Paste Laptop
- 99.9% pure micronized silver
- Non-electrically conductive
- Will not separate, run, migrate or bleed
- Thermal conductance: >350 000W/m2 degreesC (0.001 inch layer)
- Easy to apply and remove
Arctic Silver 5 is known as the best laptop thermal paste for years. It is considered the pinnacle of thermal-paste laptop.
Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste contains a high-density filling of micronized silver and enhanced thermally conductive ceramic particles. These micronized silver and ceramic particles provide a new level of stability and performance. Arctic Silver 5 is perfect for a wide range of bond lines between CPUs and water-cooling solutions or high-performance heatsinks.
This outstanding thermal paste is made with 99.9% pure silver. Arctic Silver 5 Thermal paste uses three different sizes and shapes of pure silver particles to increase particle-to-particle contact area and thermal heat transfer. It contains over 88% thermally conductive filler by weight. It also includes sub-micron zinc oxide, boron nitride particles, and aluminum oxide.
This high-quality thermal paste lowers CPU full load core temperatures from 3 to 12 degrees centigrade than standard thermal compounds or thermal pads. This thermal paste efficiently controls the rising temperature of components in a suitable manner (-50 Degree to +130 Degree). It will never let the temperature go above the recommended level of temperature.
A 3.5g syringe contains enough compound to cover 15-25 small CPU cores or 6-10 large CPU cores. If you apply a 0.003” thick layer, the syringe will cover approx. 16 sq. inches.
The suspension fluid does not contain any silicone. It is a proprietary mixture of advanced polysynthetic oils. These oils work together and provide three distinctive functional phases. As it comes in a syringe, it is engineered for easy application.
2. ARCTIC MX-4 (4 Grams) – Thermal Compound Paste
- WELL PROVEN QUALITY: The design of our thermal paste packaging’s has changed several times, the formula of the composition has remained unchanged.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: With excellent temperature reduction performance, the MX-4 is ideal for CPU and GPU cooling.
- HIGH DURABILITY: Once applied, you do not need to apply it again as it will last at least for 8 years
- EASY TO APPLY: With an ideal consistency, the MX-4 is very easy to use, even for beginn
Arctic MX-4 remained on the top of the list of thermal compounds for years. It is surely one of the best laptop thermal paste.
The packaging of this thermal compound paste has changed several times. But, the formula of the composition remains the same. So, this MX paste is a high-quality thermal compound paste for years.
Arctic MX-4 is the best thermal paste for laptop CPU and GPU because it is composed of carbon micro-particles which lead to high thermal conductivity. The Arctic MX-4 ensures that heat generated by CPU and GPU is dissipated efficiently and quickly.
Arctic MX-4 has not contained any metallic particles so electrical conductivity would not be an issue. It ensures that contact with any electrical pins would not result in any kind of damage, unlike silver and copper compounds.
The most durable thermal compound paste will last at least 8 years. You do not need to apply it again.
Easy to Apply
The MX-4 is very easy to use because of its ideal consistency. Even a beginner can easily apply this thermal paste.
3. Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste, 1g
- Thermal paste ideal for optimizing thermal conductivity
- Thermal conductivity: 12.5 W / mk
- Thermal resistance: 0.0032 K / W
- Electrical conductivity: * 0 pS / m
A very expensive thermal grizzly kryonaut thermal paste comes in at double the price of other thermal pastes. For this reason, this product is used by most dedicated and hardcore PC gamers. So, this is the best thermal paste gaming laptop.
Easy to Apply
The Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste has no conductive power. It does not require special time to settle. So, it becomes easy to apply it to your computer.
Compatible with Overclocking
This is the most compatible thermal paste with overclocking the CPUs up to medium range. The overall performance of this paste is quite tremendous with a peak temperature range of -250 to +350 Degrees.
The thermal conductivity of this paste is 12.5 W/mK, which is quite high for a grease-based compound. This makes this thermal paste able to deliver maximum heat transfer between your cooler and CPU. It uses a special structure that can cool down temperatures of up to 80° Celsius.
It is a highly durable thermal paste that perfectly suits game lovers. The paste is long-lasting and stable.
4. Thermal Paste, SYY 2 Grams CPU Paste Thermal Compound
- SAFETY APPLICATION: SYY is metal-free and non-conductive, which eliminates any risk of short circuit and adds more protection to the CPU and VGA card.
- BETTER THAN LIQUID METAL: Thermal Conductivity:15.7W/m-k, it is composed of carbon particles and has extremely high thermal conductivity.
- EASY TO APPLY: SYY thermal paste has ideal consistency and is very easy to use even for beginners.
- HIGH DURABILITY: In contrast to metal and silicon thermal conductive adhesives, SYY thermal paste 2020 will not compromise over ti
SYY 2 gram CPU paste thermal compound will be the right option if you have a low budget. It is an affordable and long-lasting stable product.
SYY CPU paste thermal compound is metal-free and non-conductive. These features eliminate any risk of short circuits and give more protection to the CPU. The ideal consistency of this thermal paste makes it easy to use even for beginners.
It has an extremely high thermal conductivity that is 15.7 W/m-k and it is composed of carbon particles. These features ensure that heat generated by the CPU or GPU is effectively dissipated.
SYY thermal paste formula has an excellent component heat dissipation performance. It is efficient enough to push the system to the limit.
The quality of this thermal paste has not changed with time. It will be stable even for years and you do not need to apply this again at least for 8 years. This long-lasting stability makes this thermal paste the best laptop CPU thermal paste and also good for GPU.
5. Noctua NT-H1 3.5g, Pro-Grade Thermal Compound Paste
- Renowned premium-grade thermal compound for optimal heat-transfer from the CPU or GPU to the heatsink.
- Easy to apply (no need to spread before heatsink installation) and easy to clean with dry paper towel or tissue.
- Not electrically conductive and non-corroding thermal grease: no risk of short-circuits and safe to use with all types of heatsinks
- Trusted Noctua quality with excellent long-term stability: recommended storage time up to 3 years.
- 3.5g pack for around 3-20 applications (depending on CPU size, e.g. ~3 applications for TR4, ~20 for LGA11
If you have a high budget for thermal paste, this might be the best option for you.
Easy to Clean
This is probably one of the easiest to clean thermal pastes on the market. You just have to wipe it off the CPU and heatsink it with a paper towel or dry tissue. Then wipe them clean with a moist tissue. You do not need alcohol or solvent to clean it properly.
Not Electrically Conductive
You must be tension-free after buying this best laptop thermal paste because it is completely safe to use. Not electrically conductive and non-corroding properties of this top thermal compound make the use of this thermal paste risk-free. This is completely safe to use with any kind of CPU cooler, whether it is made from aluminium or copper.
Long Term Stability
NT-H1’s unique formula makes this paste highly stable over time. The compound can be stored at room temperature for at least three years and can be used on the CPU for five years and more due to its exceptional curing, dry-out, bleeding, and thermal cycling characteristics.
Easy to apply
You just have to simply apply some paste onto the CPU, put it on the heatsink and your CPU is ready to go. There is no need to spread it manually before installing the cooler.
6. Arctic Silver Ceramique 2 25g
- Oil mixture
- Improved thermal filler properties and increased particle deagglomeration
- Will not separate, run, migrate or bleed
- Pure electrical insulator
- 2 to 10 degrees Celsius lower CPU full load core temperatures
Arctic Silver Ceramique 2 is better than many other thermal compounds that are available on the market.
Arctic Silver Ceramique can lower 2-10 degree centigrade CPU full load core temperatures than any other standard thermal compound.
Arctic Silver Ceramique 2 can easily be cleaned from CPUs, GPUs, and Heatsinks with isopropyl alcohol, ArctiClean, or any cleaners listed in the product instructions.
This Arctic Silver Ceramique 2 does not contain any metal or any other electrically conductive materials, so it is a completely electrical insulator. It is neither electrically conductive nor capacitive.
The Ceramique 2 is engineered in such a way that it will not separate, migrate, run, or bleed. It will long-term be the best thermal paste for laptop CPU and GPU.
Easy to Use
The syringe is engineered so perfectly that even a last drop of fluid will not waste. The remaining amount of 2.7g of Ceramique 2 in the syringe can easily be used as the rear of the plunger is flush completely with the flange.
7. Cooler Master MasterGel Maker Ultra-High Performance Thermal Compound
- Enhanced user experience design: exclusively flat-nozzle syringe design allows for precise and even spread of paste
- High Conductivity: Range of thermal conductivity will match coo200ling requirements and aid heat transfer
- Thermal conductivity (w/m-k): 5
- Specific Gravity (g/cmᶟ)(25℃): 2. 5
- Volume (mL): 1
Enhanced User Experience Design
The best way to apply thermal paste is with the help of a syringe. The flat-nozzle syringe is designed in such a way that it enhances the application experience. You will enjoy using this syringe.
Cooler Master Thermal Compound uses a craft of nanoscale which has high anti-erosion and high heat conductivity.
High Conductivity to Aid Heat Transfer
This is one of the best laptop thermal pastes as it ranges in thermal conductivity that will match cooling requirements. It aids in heat transfer from the CPU/GPU to your cooler.
Precise and Even
You can use it precisely and evenly and after using it, you can clean the leftover of your CPU/GPU with a cleaning cloth that is also included in the package.
8. GELID Solutions GC-Extreme – Thermal Conductive Paste for Heatsink
- Ultimate Heat Conductivity
- Non-Electrical Conductive Non-Corrosive, Non-Curring & Non-Toxic
- No Bleeding & User Friendly
- GELID Applicator
- 1g, 3.5g, or
The Gelid Solutions GC-Extreme Thermal paste is developed for long-term and demanding use. The synthetic thermal filler with micron particles and polymer matrix ensures optimal conductivity from the CPU, PCH, or GPU to the cooler, as well as viscosity and perfect gap filling.
You can use this thermal conductive paste on many different components and devices due to its excellent conductivity. It is used on CPUs processors, graphics cards (GPU), voltage converters, and heatsinks.
The GC-Extreme Thermal Compound comes with a special GELID applicator that makes its application easy, clean, and even. This GELID Applicator also prevents air pockets.
Not Electrically Conductive and Corrosive
It is not electrically conductive and non-corrosive. So, there is not even a single chance of short circuits. The GC-Extreme is also non-corrosive, hardening, or toxic, so you can use it without any problem.
9. Corsair XTM50 High-Performance Thermal Compound Paste
- Enthusiast CPU Thermal Compound: Premium Zinc Oxide based thermal compound for optimal thermal performance.
- Cools your CPU and GPU: install new, or replace existing thermal compound on your CPU and GPU to improve heat transfer and lower temperatures.
- Improved CPU cooling: ultra-low thermal impedance lowers CPU temperatures vs common thermal paste.
- Installation Made easy: An included application stencil and spreader take the guesswork out of applying XTM50 to your CPU cooler.
- Filling the gap: xtm50’s low-viscosity allows it to easily fill microscopic abrasions.
- Long Service Life: XTM50’s high-stability liquid compound lasts for years with no drying, cracking or change in consistency.
- Safe For You And Your PC: Non-conductive and contains zero volatile compoun
Corsair High-Performance CPU Thermal Compound contains premium Zinc Oxide for optimal thermal performance. It efficiently cools your CPU and GPU, all you need to replace the existing thermal compounds with this to improve heat transfer and lower temperatures.
The Corsair Thermal Compound Paste includes an application stencil and spreader that takes the guesswork out of applying XTM50 to your CPU cooler.
Long Service Life
Corsair XTM50 High-performance thermal compound is a highly stable liquid paste and lasts for years with no drying, cracking, or change inconsistency.
Safe For You
XTM50 is a non-conductive thermal paste and it contains zero volatile compounds. Moreover, its low viscosity allows it to easily fill microscopic abrasions and channels for peak thermal transfer.
10. Antec Thermal Paste
- High Thermal Conductivity (11 w/mk) , dissipated the heat efficiently which generated from the CPU
- Top performance suitable for extreme environments (-30~240℃) and applications
- Exceptional long term stability , odorless , non-volatile , non-corrosive , not electrically conductive.
- A 3.5g gram syringe contains enough compound to cover at least 15 to 25 small CPU cores, or 6 to 10 large CPU cores, or 2 to 5 heat plates.
- Easy & safe for the user , even for the beginner with our enclosed tools (Scraper, Grease Rag, Fingertip et
High Thermal Conductivity
Antec Thermal paste has 11 w/mk thermal conductivity that dissipates the heat efficiently which is generated from the CPU.
The Antec Thermal paste has exceptional long-term stability. It is odourless, non-corrosive, non-volatile, and not electrically conductive. Its super adhesion makes the thermal compound paste closely adhere to the surface.
Its 3.5g syringe contains enough thermal compound that covers long-term non-conductive at least 15-25 small CPU cores or 6-10 large CPU cores, or 2-5 heat plates. If you apply a 0.003” thick layer, the 3.5g syringe will cover approximately 16 square inches.
Easy and Safe for the User
The package includes a scraper, fingertip, grease rag, etc for easy and safe application.
What Things To Look For Before Buying
A wrong kind of thermal paste worsens your PC/laptop performance by increasing its temperature. Only the best laptop thermal paste will keep the CPU/GPU cool without overclocking or overheating. Here we have discussed some of the factors that will surely help you in choosing the best thermal paste for your PC or laptop.
The first and foremost factor to consider is the thermal conductivity of the paste. Each thermal compound paste comes with a thermal conductivity rating that shows its efficiency. Non-metallic and liquid compounds have different conductivity levels. For non-metallic compounds, it is between 4-10W/mK, while for the liquid thermal paste it is typically 70W/mK. The higher the number rating, the better the thermal compound.
Density and Viscosity
For enhancing the process of application, choose a thermal paste that has the right density. It will allow squeezing throughout the CPU easily. When choosing the thermal paste, care must be taken to ensure that the paste has the right consistency and can be applied directly to the CPU or GPU without any damage.
It is said that the higher the viscosity of the thermal paste, the thicker it will be. So that it looks more like the real paste. Higher viscosity thermal paste is typically better for sticking the heatsink compound to the processor.
Conductive or Non-Conductive
Absolute care is required if you are applying a thermal paste to the processor or other parts of the PC. You may get short circuits if your thermal paste is conductive to electricity. So, it is better to choose such thermal paste which is non-conductive.
It is highly recommended that a PC user makes sure that the cooling system he is using can adequately deal with the level of heat that his processor generates. If not, then the type of thermal paste you have chosen is not going to work.
How To Apply A Thermal Paste
Here in the following Video, you will get a complete guide on how to apply a thermal paste to your processor and what is the right amount of thermal paste etc. Check the video for more details.
There are lots of options for the Best Thermal Paste For Laptops to choose from. Selection is based on your budget and performance demands, you can choose between normal grease-based or liquid-metal-based thermal compound paste.
We suggest you go for a liquid metal-based thermal compound only if the slightest temperature difference matters a lot for you. Otherwise, it’s not worth the risk at all.
We are sure our article will help you in choosing the best laptop thermal paste for your CPU or GPU.