There are a lot of Asus laptop users who are facing the issue that the Asus laptop shuts down when unplugged. Here’s in this guide, we will discuss all the possible solutions. But before that let’s cover when and how this error comes from.
Some of the Asus users encountered that this error after updating the window to the update of 1809, which is released by Microsoft for Windows 10. This is a quiet issue while and still because there are a lot of troubles around the globe, but very soon Microsoft will release an official update for this.
What are the causes of the laptop turn-off issue when unplugged?
Upgrading or updating of Windows 10
Recently if you have updated your window 7 to 1809 update, So there’s the possibility that you are facing this issue because of this update.
If your laptop turn-off after unplugging the adapter, then it can be your Asus laptop battery issue. Try to repair the laptop battery or get a new one.
Update the Battery Drivers
There’s the possibility that you are facing this issue because of outdated battery drivers. Try to update them. Follow the below-mentioned steps to update your battery drivers:
- In the start menu, there is an option of device manager, so type in device manager and then open it.
- In the second step, click batteries to expand it, and now on the Right-click, each ACPI option appears, one by one.
- There you will get an option to update your outdated drivers. You just need to hit the update button, and all the outdated drivers will be updated automatically.
Changing Power Management Setting
This issue can be caused by the operating system of the power management setting. You can fix it by making changes to your Asus laptop power management setting. Below are steps:
- First of all, go to the start menu and type in the power plan and now click on the Edit Power Plan.
- In the second step click on the change advanced power setting.
- In this step, scroll down and look at the processor power management and click to expand it.
- Turn on adaptive brightness for the batteries and now you can plugin.
You can also resolve the laptop turning-off issue while unplugging, by running the built-in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Because the power of the troubleshooter can find and fix problems, in your power setting system. Which one is better in your review Thinkpad vs Ideapad.
Run it by following these steps:
- Press winkey+1to open the settings.
- In the second step, go to the update and security.
- Now you will navigate the troubleshoot tab.
- You will see the power, under Find and fix other problems.
- In the fifth step, you have to click and then it Runs the troubleshooter.
Power Reset Your Laptop
There are many issues including battery errors which can be fixed by decreasing the power, which is stored in laptop hardware components.
For hard resetting or power resetting, you need to follow these steps:
- Shut down your window if it is open.
- If it is not then the system has power and continuously holds the power button until there is no more power.
- Then you have to unplug external peripherals which are connected to the laptop.
- From the battery compartment, remove the battery. And unplugged the power cord.
- After this, now hold the power button approximately, for 15 seconds.
- In this step, you will see the blinking light of power.
- In the last step, reconnect the power cord and now you can turn on the system.
Here we discussed all the possible solutions for Asus laptop shuts down when unplugged. If you guys still facing this issue, please do let us know in the comment section, we will try to fix your problem.
Q#1: Why does my ASUS keep shutting off?
Ans: There are several reasons behind the laptop shutting off, an issue like
- Virus of faulty drivers
- Issue of RAM
- Overheating of the device
- Issues of battery
- Failure of hardware
Q#2: What should I do, If my laptop turns off unexpectedly?
- For overcoming the issue of overheating, you need to troubleshoot it.
- Power resets the laptop.
- Updating the device driver is also so important.
- Now turns-off the fast startup
- At last, run the virus scan.