Are you looking for a guide to fix Asus laptop keyboard light not working issue? So, here’s complete guide for you;
With products ranging from high-end motherboards to graphics cards, ASUS is one of the leading producers in the computing business. It is a forerunner in the sector, and its products are renowned for Best Laptop Thermal Paste toughness and high performance.
Several times recently, the ASUS Keyboard has failed to display the Backlight at all. Either that or the backlight was uncontrollable, in the sense that you couldn’t adjust the brightness or the colors.
Following a survey, it was discovered that roughly 70 to 80 percent of customers experiencing this issue had just upgraded to Windows 10. When an operating system is upgraded, a slew of manufacturer-supplied modules must be updated as well.
How to fix it Asus laptop keyboard light not working issue
If the keyboard backlight does not turn on or the display is not working properly, please follow the troubleshooting procedures below:
- Reset to factory settings (EC reset)
- Restore BIOS configuration
- Reinstall the control interface driver for ASUS system
Reset to factory settings (EC reset)
- Memory cards, CD/DVDs, dongles, and other external devices should all be removed.
- Turn the computer off.
- Remove the power supply.
- Take out the battery
- To perform a hard reset, press and hold the Power Button for 40 seconds.
- Replace the AC adapter and battery, and then turn on the computer to see if the problem has been repaired. If the problem remains, proceed to the next step in the troubleshooting process.
Restore BIOS configuration
- Try resetting BIOS to default configuration.
- If the problem continues, please proceed to next step.
Reinstall the control interface driver for ASUS system
- In the Windows search bar, type and search [Device Manager], then click Open.
- Remove the ASUS System Control Interface drivers from your computer. Right-click ASUS System Control Interface and select Uninstall device, then check the arrow next to System devices.
- Select Uninstall after checking the box to Delete the driver software for this device
- Download and install the ASUS System Control Interface driver from the ASUS support site. You may learn more about How to search for and download drivers by visiting this page.
- Continue to the next troubleshooting step if the problem persists after installing the driver.
Reset the PC
If the problem persists after you’ve gone through all of the troubleshooting methods, reset your pc, Please make a backup of your personal files before resetting your computer.
If your ASUS laptop keyboard light is not working, you can fix it using the methods given above; however, if your problem cannot be resolved using the solutions and information provided above in Best Laptop With VGA Port with , please contact an ASUS authorized repair shop for additional testing.
Q#1: Why isn’t my laptop keyboard backlight turning on?
Ans: In the BIOS, make sure the Keyboard backlight option is activated. Select Keyboard Illumination from the drop-down menu. Your machine does not have a backlit keyboard if Keyboard Illumination is not an option. You may have different options depending on the BIOS version on your PC.
Q#2: What is the procedure for resetting the keyboard light?
Ans: Hold down the ESC key while the keyboard is switched off. Turn on your keyboard while holding down the ESC key. Release the ESC key after roughly 5 seconds. If the reset is successful, the keyboard illumination will flash.