If your ASUS Laptop Battery Light Orange and Green, it means there is an issue with your device. For most of the users, when the charger is plugged in, the laptop tends to do this and doesn’t charge at all. This causes a lot of frustration as you don’t know what is going on.
When your laptop is powered on, and the charger is plugged in, you will see that there is a green and orange light indicator blinking that shows you that the battery is on a charge, but actually, the percentage of power is 0%. This is the battery problem, and your laptop can’t recharge anymore, and it tends to alert you by flashing with a green and orange led when you plug in the charger.
This indicates to the user that the laptop has a charging problem that needs to be fixed. It could be due to multiple reasons, such as a faulty motherboard, power adapter, or battery issue. So we are going to suggest a few fixes for these Led lights blinking issues.
1. Trouble your hardware
Before messing with anything else, you should check your hardware properly that the battery may not have been plugged properly with the charging adapter, or there might be some issues with the battery board. Make sure your adapter is connected properly into a tight spot with the battery.
It is possible that your cable might be damaged, which may not be able to charge the laptop and cause this issue. Make sure and if that is the error, replace your cable.
2. Power Reset Laptop
If the above solution doesn’t work and you still have a charging issue with Led lights, then you can also perform a power reset to your laptop, as it worked for most people. Follow these instructions.
- Remove any detachable devices from your laptop and shut it down.
- Unplug the charger from your ASUS laptop.
- If your battery is removable, remove it from your ASUS laptop. If it is not removable, get it to a shop for this fix.
- Hold on to the power button and keep it pressed for 60 seconds.
- Insert the AC power charger into your ASUS laptop.
- Turn on the laptop and check if it is charging or not. If it still doesn’t. Then there is only one possibility.
3. Check if Battery is Damaged
It is highly suggested to all laptop users that they should keep the power charge to 100% and then remove the charging cable. This extends the battery life, and there is less possibility for the battery to get damaged.
Overcharging the battery or not making proper use of the adapter causes the battery to heat and degrade battery life, due to which your battery gets damaged and needs a replacement. If your ASUS laptop still shows orange and green blinking light when you try to charge it, then it’s time for you to finally replace the damaged battery with a new one. For that purpose, use these instructions.
- Disconnect the cable or power adapter.
- If your battery is removable, remove it gently and replace it with a new one. If it is a fixed battery, try to get it fixed by an expert.
- After replacing your battery, hold down the power button.
- Plug the adapter back into the battery
- Startup your laptop, and this should fix the issue for you.
This was all about the ASUS laptop battery not charging and blinking with an orange and green light. The detailed suggestions and fixes are mentioned here. For more help, there is a comment section given, leave your response, and we will try to help you.
Q#1: Why does a laptop blink white light?
Ans: When white light is blinking, it means that your battery may be defective or it isn’t connected to your laptop properly.
Q#2: Why does my laptop blink red light?
Ans: A red blinking light is an indication that your battery is running low, and you need to charge your laptop as soon as possible before the power goes out and it shuts down.